Friday, June 3, 2016

5 Types of What Fangirls Do After Finishing a Book

Friday, June 3, 2016
image credit

So, as you guys know, many people finished ACOMAF recently and suddenly my twitter and tumblr feeds are full of ACOMAF-related-things, from fanarts, designs, fanfics, and of course, a lot of people screaming about ACOMAF (including me)



This got me thinking that people react differently after finishing a book that gave them a lot of feels. Therefore, I've found 5 type of what fangirls do after finishing a book that gave them feels! Here it is :

1. Must Own All Copies in All Formats
Okay, this type of fangirls are rare because books are expensive and you have to pay for shipping! But they're exist! I've seen a few people who owns like 10 copy of the same book (like 1 Target edition, 1 Waterstones edition, 1 Amazon edition, 1 Hardback, and the rest is foreign editions). I'm definitely not this type of fangirls because I'm 17 and broke, but if I were rich, I'd probably be this type of fangirls.

2. Re-read Said Book RIGHT AFTER Finishing It
I admit, I'm tempted to do this sometimes. Like when I finished ACOMAF and want to reread it again because it's so good, but then I realize that I still have many books in my tbr pile so no I can't. But still there's a lot of fangirls who do this (mostly not book bloggers, though)


3. Fangirls Who MAKE All the Fanarts, Fanfics, Playlists, etc.
Well, I think you're familiar with this type of fangirls. I've tried to write a fanfics once or twice before realizing that writing story is just not in me (I'm more into writing opinions, like book review). Also, I really want to tell you guys thank you for exist because without y'all I'm probably drowning in feels. Seriously, when a book gave me a lot of feels, I always look for these kinds of fangirls. You guys are my savior!

4. Fangirls Who LOOK For All the Fanarts, Fanfics, Playlists, etc.
THIS IS DEFINITELY ME! I think this type is the second-most-common. When a book gave me a lot of feels, what better way to 'distribute' it than reading fanfics? Or looking at those gorgeous fanarts? I remember that one time when I finished The Infernal Devices, I literally devoured every fanfics in fanfiction.net because I couldn't get enough of Will (sadly, my ISP blocked fanfiction.net so I couldn't read it anymore. Seriously, what's wrong with you guys?!). I bet a lot of you guys are this type of fangirls ;)


5. Fangirls Who Tweet/Tumblred (is that even a word?) About Said Book in Caps
This is, obviously, the most common type of fangirls. This is also me sometimes. How many people tweet about ACOMAF last month in caps? A LOT, that's the answer. Anyway, I love this type of fangirls because we can shriek and wail and make a shrine for the book together.


So yeah, there is, of course, another types of fangirls that I haven't mentioned because it didn't enter my mind. Also, 5 is good number, so 5 it is.


Now, I suppose the big question is, which type of fangirls are you? Or, if I haven't mentioned it, tell me what did you do after finishing a book with much feels?

29 comments:

  1. 6. Fangirls who stare at the wall and do nothing for hours after reading a sjhkdahskd book.

    This is such a great post, Tiffany! I can definitely relate!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes! I knew that type of fangirls do exist xD Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  2. #3-5 though! SO TRUE. Sometimes I quckly draw a character from the book I've read just to satisfy my feels. And then I log into m social media accounts or chat with my friends so I can shriek about it. Then I plow through Google Images and/or Deviantart because SUCH PRETTY FAN ART.

    If only I had enough money, I'd probably do #1 but... Well. Can't have everything. xD As for #2, I rarely do that because my TBR pile will cry to me saying I'm abandoning them. But if the book's really good, I just can't help it!

    Awesome post, Tiffany! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish I could draw, though. I mostly went to tumblr to look for fanarts because there are tons of them there. And yes, I will collect every editions and every swags if I have enough money xD Thanks Mara! <33

      Delete
  3. i'm a fanfic writer-type fangirl, definitely. what else would i do after finishing a book other than write about what could have happened or what MUST have happened but wasn't mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! I used to write one-shot fanfics, but quickly realize that writing story isn't my thing and lose interest. I do love reading fanfics until now, but sadly my ISP blocked fanfiction.net :/

      Delete
  4. I mostly just flail and write about the book in caps, but I now want to go off and search for fan art about all the books I love - because fan art is amazing and I can only wish I was that talented!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wish that I could draw because it'd be very cool! You definitely should see some fanarts--some of them will give you feels!

      Delete
  5. I don't really consider myself a fangirl as such (bit too old for that) but if I've completely fallen in love with a book, the first thing I tend to do is to look at other editions so I can start collecting the series. Some books I have several copies of like Illuminae because it was just so epic, so naturally I have a signed edition, Aussie ARC, Aussie edition and a US hardcover. I wish I had of started a less expensive obsession :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, fangirls know no age xD That's actually really cool, I wish I could collecting editions of the book I love, but maybe someday when I already have a job and enough money :)

      Delete
  6. This was awesome post and I must admit I was in a situation when I wanted to re-read a book right after finishing it. :D I think I'm that annoying type of fangirl who wants to talk about said book soo much that she bothers every friend who reads and doesn't want to shut up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But then I look at my TBR and realize that I can't xD I rarely bother my friends with books actually (except one or two whom I know love books as much as I do), but I knew people who do it. I should've put it on the list :D

      Delete
  7. I am definitely #2, which contributes to the size of my TBR, which you can currently see orbiting the Earth if you have a really good telescope (that was the only place with enough "space" to store it). Sorry for the bad joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could ignore all the TBR list and just start re-reading it like you! And that's okay, it's not a bad joke :D

      Delete
  8. ♥ and completely agree! This is definitely how I act with my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sure I'm number 4 and 5. I really like going to tumblr after finishing something, it's both entertaining and definitely makes me happy xD

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinsie! I'm number 4 and 5 too. Tumblr has all the cool stuff like playlist, fanarts, fanfics, fan theory, and aesthetics :)

      Delete
  10. I've had to cool it with the "collect multiple editions of the same book" thing due to space/money concerns, but I still do it for my very favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collecting editions sounds fun, wish I could do it too!

      Delete
  11. I'm definitely a mixture of 4 and 2 especially when it comes to new series. Then again I am very guilty when it comes to number one. over the years i have collected many different versions of Lord of the Rings haha

    http://mythoughtsareablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely number 4, and I wish I could be number 2 without being guilty for all the books in my tbr xD Wish I could be number 1, though :D

      Delete
  12. I flail and write ALL CAPS and basically be in a book hangover for a loooong time. I have to read another genre to get out of it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When i find that book that makes me scream of happiness i find myself going through every review i can find and reliving all the FEELS through other people's words 😁 it's pretty time consuming haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post! I'm 100% number 4 and 5 - as soon as I finish a really good book, I immediately share my love for it everywhere! Often I can get a really big book hangover, but this is usually solved by rereading it, or reading all the fanfiction and fanart!! Loved this post ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely 3, 4 and 5! I love making edits and reading fanfics and generally just flailing about a book anywhere! Your post is amazeballs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The country is likewise famous for assam famous places
    assam places to visit being one in all apt habitats for the extremely good species of animals, historical memorials and the assam tourist places
    commonplace clannish handiworks. The maximum exquisite attraction of Assam is the Kaziranga country wide Park assam tourist places and this is a international heritage web site that emphasizes on horned rhinoceros.https://www.trahot.in/assam-tourist-places/

    ReplyDelete
  17. the capital metropolis of this state,best tourist places in maharashtra is a number of the exceptional places to go to in Maharashtra. additionally, it is also labelled as the ‘monetary capital of India’ and The metropolis places in maharashtra of goals. home to India’s Bollywood movie industry,places in maharashtrais always bustling tourist places in maharashtra with power. https://www.trahot.in/tourist-places-in-maharashtra/
    tourist places in maharashtra

    ReplyDelete
  18. unluckily, the location was destroyed places to visit near pune in monsoon in a large hearth and now what stays of the mansionbest places to visit in pune are a few ruins of courtyards and fountains. it is these are some of the quality places to visit near pune in monsoon locations to go to in Pune.all the traveller places in Pune stay crowded with travellers, typically places to visit in pune youngsters and students. A visit to the well-known Aga Khan Palace is a ought to for history buffs.
    https://www.trahot.in/places-to-visit-in-pune/

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014